Become a Certified Zentangle Teacher™ (CZT™)
How Our CZT Concept Began
We love to present Zentangle workshops. We've given them at grade schools, high schools and colleges, at calligraphy clubs and art clubs, at corporate annual meetings and in peoples' homes. At every workshop, we meet people who understand the Zentangle Method's potential and had a passion to share it with others in their own field of interest and expertise. This planted the seed idea of creating a CZT program. These people could translate our Zentangle insights and discoveries into areas that we might not encounter or understand and we wanted them to do it in the best way possible.
Often people see the Zentangle art form's simplicity and assume it is easy to teach. However there is so much more to our Zentangle teaching method than the many cool tangles we and others share for free. There are reasons and techniques; philosophies and principles for everything that we do. Once you learn these you can then serve your students well and answer their questions and concerns.
A good analogy is yoga. You might take some yoga classes and decide to teach yoga, after all it seems simple . . . you breathe, you stretch slowly in different directions, you've learn a bunch of yoga positions and you're really flexible. However, there is much more that underlies the teaching of yoga than may be first obvious in a class or a book. Even with all the books and YouTubes and DVDs about yoga, people still go to school to learn how to teach yoga. And more importantly for people who want to create income teaching yoga, even with all the instructional books and YouTubes and DVDs on yoga, people still pay to take classes at their local yoga studio!
We created our CZT training program so you could understand the basics and the depth of the Zentangle Method and its art form and so you could convey the full Zentangle experience to others and create additional income for yourself.
How to Register
On the left side of all inner pages on our website there is a section called, "Upcoming Events." Under that are dates for whatever seminars are open for registration. Click on the date you wish to attend to register for that seminar.
What's Seminar Like?
Important events occur at
CZT seminars that can't be conveyed with words or online through video.
- We believe that it is important to have fun, be playful as well as professional, and treat your students with the utmost respect and generosity. We do our best to model this behavior and inspire it in those who are considering teaching the Zentangle Method. People who have been to a seminar will understand what we're talking about.
- We also know how important it is for you to meet and talk with and understand the people behind this company you're planning to work with. At seminar you will meet and get to know us, our staff and our family. We could tell you anything, but when you're there you will see for yourself. And you will be inspired when you leave.
- Magic happens at these events! There is a dynamic when a group of wonderful people with a shared vision gather in common purpose. It's exciting to be a part of that! Inspirations cascade over insights and shine so brilliantly and beautifully that everyone can see it. We treasure every moment.
- Friendships . . . with us and with other CZTs.
CZT seminars are held over four days, usually beginning Sunday evening and continuing through the following Wednesday.
Our first day, is mostly a travel, settle in and meet and greet day. Check-in at Hotel Providence in Providence, RI (USA) is at 4pm followed by supper in the hotel's Aspire dining room.
We bring art work from our home/studio/gallery and set that up in the lobby for the after dinner reception.
Many students bring Zentangle tiles and Zentangle inspired art to share.
The next days are dedicated to class from 9am to 5pm. There are breaks with refreshments during the morning and afternoon sessions.
On Monday and Tuesday evenings we offer less structured events with projects. Throughout it all energized conversations are occurring and magical alliances are forming.
Towards the end of our fourth day we conclude with a wide-ranging Q&A and tangle instructions that ties it all together.
And throughout it all, you will meet and make friends with wonderful people from around this world.
Please join us!
Some More Details
Here are two lists. First, a list of what we can't do. Then a list of what we will do.
- Guarantee you'll make money . . . even colleges and universities will not guarantee that
- Teach you how to run a business or handle your taxes . . . it's beyond the scope of our seminar
- Assign territories . . . people move and there are so many applications for teaching the Zentangle Method within any one area: Schools, businesses, clubs, health care, etc.
- Promise that a non-CZT won't offer competing classes . . . While we vigorously pursue trademark and copyright infringement, and even though our teaching method has a patent pending, we can only act within established legal frameworks and within our financial and time resources. We prefer to emphasize education of the market place and to provide students with the very best Zentangle experience possible. This is paying great benefits as people and organizations increasingly value the instructions and classes taught by a CZT over people who are not trained by us.
- Provide you with tools and resources to create a thriving Zentangle business. More and more people are teaching Zentangle workshops as an important source of income.
- Provide a wonderful experience at seminar. Many people come (and come back!) for the camaraderie and immersion in an atmosphere of Zentangle creativity, inspiration and friendship.
- Support you and your efforts as a CZT with ongoing efforts from us and, through our invitation-only Yahoo! chat group, from each other.
- Provide a listing and an editable page on our website to all CZTs in good standing
- Offer most of our Zentangle products to you at wholesale prices.
- Promise never to discount Zentangle products. To remain a CZT in good standing, we ask that you never discount either.
- Make all of our strategic decisions around how it will support and impact our CZTs
- Provide advance notice and availability of new products to CZTs
- Provide a CZT only newsletter
- Invite you to join us in this wonderful exciting adventure. While no one can promise it, we continually hear wonderful stories of gratitude from people who have found a CZT through our website and it has changed (or saved) their lives. The gratitude that you can experience in teaching the Zentangle method has become a major focus in many CZTs' lives . . . it is a source of joy, focus and income.
When you come to seminar, you will understand why we could never hold a CZT training online. It's important that you meet us and get to know who we are and what we are like. You will understand our principles and how we act. This is so important. You will meet our family and friends that make up the company of Zentangle. You will meet fellow students and develop relationships that last a lifetime. You will be part of a new exploration into creativity and personal upliftment that is just starting to grow. You will be a Certified Zentangle Teacher.
Photo credits: Daved Levitan